Ab Initio and Molecular Dynamics School
INSA de Lyon, France, Bibliothèque Marie Curie
Hybrid mode with:
Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece and Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
In February 2020 the first Molecular Dynamics school was organized within the Elyt Global framework. It gathered students from Tohoku University (TU) and INSA. This second school is still organized within the Elyt Global Framework but is enlarged to a new partner, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH). It will gather students from TU, INSA, AUTH. The topic of the school is also enriched since Molecular Dynamics but also Ab Initio simulations will be parts of the program.
The number of research topics linked with atomic scale simulations are increasing, either for research on nanostructured materials and systems or to understand the physical phenomena leading to material microstructure during material processing.
Despite many cursi are available to learn basics of physics, nano-sciences and nano-technologies, too few students have already experienced the use of Ab Initio (AI) and Molecular Dynamics (MD) simulation tools.
The goals of this school is :
- to give students the principles and basis of AI and MD simulations,
- to taught them how to use softwares for AI and MD simulations (SIESTA, LAMMPS, Quantum expresso)
- to work on a simulation project.
Who can apply?
- Students from TU : some student may participate trough internet
- Students from INSA, UCBL, ECL (master NSE, PhD student from Doctoral School MATERIAUX)
- Student from AUTH, School of Physics (master of material physics and technology)